We’re a fast moving full service digital agency, producing awesome websites and managing digital content for some large clients.
To work with the creative team to create superb responsive websites using cutting-edge coding technologies
– Using the latest Adobe Creative Cloud technology
– To help maintain and update our existing portfolio of websites
– To transform Photoshop designs into beautiful, user-friendly HTML
– To liaise with clients face-to-face, by email and phone
– To be an integral part of a highly creative team, working alongside fun and professional individuals led by a positive, engaged and forward-thinking team
– Opportunity for progression and development
The ideal candidate:
We’re looking for high quality, modern UI developers. They need to be demonstrating familiarity with and effective use of the latest web design techniques (HTML5, jQuery, SASS etc..). In terms of inspiration, we’re looking for a developer who is interested in producing work that can stand at the top of the field. You must be able to demonstrate 3 examples of work from your portfolio.
You should be able to build a WordPress theme from scratch, therefore a working knowledge of PHP is required. This involves an understanding of managing databases through phpMyAdmin, understanding what a PHP block is doing and being able to customise the output for a bespoke purpose. Obviously the ability to write your own PHP is a major benefit. If you don’t have direct experience with WordPress but have solid PHP experience with another CMS, then those skills should be transferable. Experience of Shopify and Magento would also be beneficial.
– The candidates should have minimum 3 years’ experience, this could be with an agency, in-house or freelancing. Candidates who have worked within a creative design agency would stand out.
– The industry experience is not a pre-requisite, however the candidate should have a decent portfolio with some very attractive looking websites they have built, as they will need to understand how the layout of an attractive website should look.
– Is comfortable building a WordPress theme from scratch
– Is competent building HTML emails
– Has working knowledge of PHP/MySQL
– Is competent in day to day server management
– Has a full understanding of responsive design and development techniques
– Already has experience on a range of different web projects of varying complexities
– Has strong verbal and written communication skills
– Has a keen interest in design, both online and offline
– Is organised, self-motivated, and able to work to a high standard even when under pressure
– Is able to keep up with trends in web development and has a willingness to learn new technology and skills
Please send your CV and at least 3 examples of work from your portfolio to [email protected]. At interview, you will also be required to sit a technical test where you will be asked to hand code a basic website layout in HTML/CSS from scratch without the use of a code editor.
– This is a new role due to expansion.
– The candidate will be joining a team of 8 people and will be reporting to the Managing Director.
– The office an open plan, casual dress collaborative environment. Role is entirely studio based, remote working is not offered.
– The interview process will include some technical testing and will be conducted by the director.